New DFG-ANR cooperation project has started
Mar 20, 2017
The project "Interconnected infinite-dimensional systems for heterogeneous media" (INFIDHEM) has started with a kick-off meeting in Lyon from March 1st to 2nd, 2017. The project is devoted to the analysis and the control of partial differential equations and the technological application of the developed methods. This German-French research project is jointly funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) and its French counterpart, L'Agence nationale de la recherche (ANR), for a period of three years with a volume of 1.4 Mio. EUR.
Project partners are
- Wuppertal University (Prof. Birgit Jacob)
- Technical University Munich (Prof. Boris Lohmann)
- Kiel University (Prof. Thomas Meurer)
- École Nationale Supérieure de Mécanique Microtechniques (Prof. Yann Le Gorrec)
- Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1 (Prof. Bernhard Maschke)
- École Nationale Supérieure de l’Aéronautique et de l’Espace (Prof. Denis Matignon)
All submissions for the 2017 IFAC World Congress in Toulouse accepted!
Feb 27, 2017
All submissions of the Chair of Automatic Control for upcoming IFAC World Congress in Toulouse have been accepted. This includes the following four invited session and regular papers:
- Meurer, T.: Some perspectives in PDE control
- Freudenthaler, G.; Goettsch, F.; Meurer, T.: Backstepping-based extended Luenberger observer design for a Burgers-type PDE for multi-agent deployment
- Kater, A.; Wriedt, J.-P.; Meurer, T.: Finite Element Modeling and Motion Planning of an Adaptive Elastic Wingsail
- Schaum, A.; Weisbarth, H.; Meurer, T.: Robust adaptive output-feedback tracking control for microalgae cultures
the invited session
- History of the Control of Distributed Parameter Systems, co-organized by Prof. Thomas Meurer (Kiel) and Prof. Denis Dochain (Louvain)
and the open invited track
- Recent trends in modeling, estimation and control with PDEs, co-organized by Prof. Thomas Meurer (Kiel) and Prof. Yann Le Gorrec (Besancon).
Thomas Meurer elected as new chair of the Technical Committee 1.40 'Theoretical Methods of Closed-loop Control Engineering' of the VDI Society Measurement and Automatic Control (GMA)
Sep 25, 2016
Keynote Paper at IFAC DYCOPS-CAB 2016
May 17, 2016
The paper "Pointwise innovation-based state observation of exothermic tubular reactors" co-authored by A. Schaum, J. Alvarez, T. Meurer, and J. Moreno has been selected as Keynote Paper for the IFAC Symposium on Dynamics and Control of Process Systems (DYCOPS-CAB) to be held in Trondheim (NO) from June 6-8, 2016.
Thomas Meurer appointed Associate Editor for IFAC Journal Automatica
Mar 20, 2014
Thomas Meurer awarded the Kardinal-Innitzer-Förderungspreis
Dec 15, 2012
Thomas Meurer has received this award for his habiliation thesis entitled "Contributions to Motion Planning and Tracking Control for Distributed-Parameter Systems in Single- and Higher-Dimensional Spatial Domains" completed at the Technical University Vienna. An extended version of this contribution is published with Springer-Verlag.